What if the brake pad makes an abnormal noise
The brake system is very important during driving, so we should pay special attention to the problems of the brake system, such as the abnormal noise of the brake pads. The brake pad makes a noise when driving is a headache. The main cause of brake pad noise is closely related to the brake pad. When the brake pads reach the warning line or are excessively worn, they often make some abnormal noises, mainly manifested as sharp metal friction sound.
Causes of brake pad noise
1. Excessive wear of brake pads: the service life of brake pads is also limited. They should be replaced after 60000 km. Of course, some vehicles have a long replacement cycle. However, when the brake pads reach the warning line or are excessively worn, they often make some abnormal noises, mainly manifested in sharp metal friction sound, and poor braking effect.
2. The material of brake pads is very hard: because the original brake pads are generally made of semi-metallic materials, it is easy to make noise when rubbing with the brake pads.
3. There are foreign matters between the brake pads: for the car owner, some foreign matters such as sand and stone are brought into the brake pads or brake discs during driving, which will produce abnormal noise when the car is braking.
4. The installation of the brake system is not standard: This is mainly related to the spacing between the brake pad and the brake disc and the tightness of the nut.
Solution to brake pad noise
1. Excessive wear: in case of excessive wear of the brake pads, the owner should go to the 4S store or repair shop as soon as possible to replace the brake pads. The abnormal noise is not a big problem, and the braking effect is a big impact.
2. The material is too hard: This usually happens on ordinary models. The owner can replace the brake pads, such as Nao formula brake pads, small metal brake pads or ceramic brake pads. These brake pads generally do not produce abnormal sound, but do not replace the soft brake pads.
3. Presence of foreign matters: the car owner can go to the repair shop to clean the brake disc, which is usually attached to the brake disc and rarely affects the brake pad.
4. Nonstandard installation: in this case, it is generally troublesome. It is recommended that the owner do not repair it by himself. It is best to go to the repair shop or 4S store for debugging.