In terms of vehicle braking form, it can be divided into disc brake and drum brake, and brake pads can also be divided into disc brake and drum brake.
● Role and structure of brake pads in braking system
As an important part of the brake system, the work of the brake pad must depend on the whole brake system. Therefore, first of all, we will analyze the brake system to give you a more comprehensive understanding of the working status of the brake pads in the whole brake system.
The disc brake is composed of a brake disc connected to the wheel and a brake caliper at its edge.
When the brake pedal is pressed, the piston in the brake master cylinder will be pushed to build pressure in the brake oil circuit. The pressure is transmitted to the brake wheel cylinder piston on the brake caliper through the brake oil. The piston of the brake wheel cylinder will move outward and push the brake pad to clamp the brake disc after being pressed, causing friction between the brake pad and the brake disc, so as to reduce the wheel speed and achieve the purpose of braking.
Because the brake discs and pads are exposed to the air, the disc brake has good heat dissipation performance. When the vehicle brakes sharply at high speed or repeatedly in a short time, the brake performance is not easy to decline, which can make the vehicle obtain better braking effect and improve the safety of the vehicle.
From the above brief introduction, we can see that the brake pads play an important role in vehicle braking.https://www.yhxbrake.com/brake-pad-for-volvo
In terms of structure, the brake pads are generally composed of steel plates, thermal insulation layers and friction blocks. The steel plate shall be coated to prevent rust. The thermal insulation layer is composed of non-conductive materials, because the brake friction will generate a large amount of heat energy. If these heat energy is transferred to the brake caliper, and finally to the oil circuit in the brake wheel cylinder, it will cause the brake oil temperature to rise and generate boiling bubbles, which will form an air resistance in the brake oil circuit, resulting in the reduction of the vehicle braking force. The friction block is composed of friction material and adhesive. When the vehicle is braking, it will squeeze the friction block and brake disc to generate friction, and generate braking force to achieve braking purpose.
Hazards of assembling inferior brake pads:
1. Poor quality products generally come from small manufacturers and workshops, so there is no guarantee of quality and after-sales service for the brake pads produced.
2. Due to the use of waste materials and jerry-building, the quality of brake pads produced is not up to standard, and it is very likely to cause brake pad fracture and brake failure during heavy braking.
3. Unqualified materials used are likely to increase their thermal attenuation and thermal conductivity, thus reducing the braking effect of the vehicle.
4. Poor quality brake pads will increase the wear of the brake disc, and even cause damage to the brake disc when it is used. For a long time, it will not only reduce the service life of the brake disc, but also bring safety hazards to daily driving.